Everyone who works at Our School Pages
is a parent. So we understand the importance of online security and
privacy in our connected world, especially when it comes to our schools and our kids.
To summarize our policy simply:
- We will never use any of your information, your organization's information, or your users'
and students' information
for any purpose that is not directly related to serving you and helping you to host a fantastic website. We do not, under any
circumstances, give your information away or sell it to anyone. The information
that you capture or store on your website belongs to you and you alone.
Specific details about our privacy pledge are included below, and are written in plain English so that you won't need
a lawyer to translate it for you.
- When you create an Our School Pages website for your organization, you will select certain individuals
to be the administrators of the website. The website administrators have full control of the website. They
can see all of the content that has been posted to the website, all of the users' personal information, all
of the students' personal information, and all information regarding orders, donations, volunteer sign ups,
event registrations, and any other information captured through the website. The administrators can also
change, delete, or add anything to the website. You are encouraged to limit your
administrators to only a small number of individuals who are trusted members of your leadership team.
- Each website administrator will have their own password. Administrators are encouraged to
maintain strong passwords that are unique and not shared with any other website or service on the internet. If an
administrator's password accidentally is exposed to an unauthorized 3rd party, that party now has complete
unrestricted access to your website. Our School Pages is not responsible for unauthorized access to your website
due to weak or unprotected administrator passwords.
- Any administrator has the authority to add more administrators to the website, or to
remove any existing administrators from the website.
- In the remainder of this policy, the words "you" or "your" refer collectively to all of
the administrators of your website.
- Periodically, Our School Pages will send you email messages containing announcements,
reminders, and other information pertaining to your website or our service. Occasionally, we may also send you
marketing email to promote our other services. You may opt out of these marketing-related emails at any time.
- When you create an Our School Pages website for your organization, you will populate your website with
"content". This content may include text, images, documents, calendar events, announcements, articles,
and other information about your school and your organization. By default, the content that you post is Public.
This means that anyone who visits your website will be able to view the content. However, you
have the ability to mark specific content as Restricted, so that only users whom you authorize will be able
to access such content.
- All of the content you post to your website, whether it is Public or Restricted, belongs to
your organization. Our School Pages staff members do have access to all of your content. However,
we do not use your content for any purpose other than to support you as needed. We may
access your content when you call or email us for technical assistance. We also may access it periodically
to provide you with reminders and updates related to our service. We never share your content with
- If any of the content posted to your website is deemed to be offensive, Our School Pages
may remove the content without warning. If offensive content continues to be posted to the website, then your
website will be shut down and your account will be disabled.
- Our School Pages is not liable for any consequences that result from visitors
viewing your content. Visitors potentially can use your content for any purpose, and Our School Pages
is not responsible for their actions. The administrators of your website are encouraged to restrict access to content
appropriately, especially when it comes to information about school-related events, dates, and locations, and
contact information for students, parents, and teachers.
- When you first create your Our School Pages website, you will receive a personalized URL
(e.g., http://yourschool.ourschoolpages.com) which hosts all of the web pages for your website.
This URL is not made public or shared with any 3rd parties without your permission. By default,
search engines (e.g., Google, Bing, Yahoo, Ask, etc.) will not be able to discover this URL,
and therefore your Our School Pages website will not be presented in the search results.
However, as soon as you include this URL as a link from another website (as is recommended), then it is
publicly accessible to anyone, including search engines.
User and Student Information
- Visitors to your website will have the ability to create their own user accounts on the website. Users can then
enter personal information about themselves and their family into the website. This information may include
names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, as well as grade levels and teachers for their students. A
user's account will also have other information that is captured through the website over time, such as orders,
donations, volunteer sign ups, event registrations, and more.
- Our School Pages stores all of this information into our database, which is hosted
on our secure servers. All transmission of personal information to and from our servers is done using SSL
(Secure Sockets Layer) technology. This technology encrypts the information as it travels across the internet,
making it unreadable by snoopers on the internet.
- All user and student information is available to all of the administrators of your website.
In turn, administrators may also make some or all of this information available to other users of the website
through report sharing. Our School Pages is not responsible for information that is disseminated in this way.
- All user and student information is available to certain Our School Pages staff members. However,
we do not view or use this information for any purpose other than to support you as needed. For example,
we may view this information when you call or email us for technical assistance. We never share this information
with 3rd parties.
- You have the ability to send a bulk email message to all or any subset of the students and
parents who have accounts on your website. Staff members at Our School Pages have access to the
content of these emails. However, we do not view or use this content for any purpose other than to support you
as needed. For example, we may view this information when you call or email us for technical assistance.
We never share this information with 3rd parties.
- If you enable the Online Directory feature on your website, then users' personal infomration
and students' personal information will be made available to all authorized users of the website. You can
decide which users are authorized to access the information in the online directory.
- All passwords for users and administrators are stored in as encrypted text in our
secure database. Our School Pages staff members do not have access to passwords for
users and administrators of your website.
- Users of your website may choose to purchase items from your organization through the website's
online ordering system. At your discretion, you may offer your users the choice of paying for their items
with a credit card, by having them enter their credit card information online.
- All payment information, including credit card numbers, expiration dates, and security
codes is sent directly and securely to the 3rd party payment gateway of your choice (e.g., PayPal, Authorize.net
provider). Our School Pages never stores any payment information in our own databases, and no staff member
has access to any of your users' credit card numbers or other payment information. Your payment gateway (e.g.,
PayPal, Authorize.net provider) may store the payment information on behalf of your users, so you should
check with them if you have concerns.